Become a Government PartnerFederal agencies can request linguistic services. The NLSC is committed to providing cost-effective, timely, and high-quality language services by matching resources to meet your needs.
About NLSC ServicesNLSC services include: face-to-face interpretation, translation (text, video, audio), language instruction, cultural advising, and curriculum and testing development. The NLSC supports a range of missions in the United States and abroad.
- Provide interpretation for the Commanding General U.S. Africa Command and visiting leadership.
- Served as simultaneous and consecutive interpreters at U.S. Central Command exercise planning conferences and training exercises in Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, and Qatar.
- Supported Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency searches for missing service personnel in southeast Asia.
- Conducted ongoing interpretation for the Secretary of the Navy in town halls and community outreach during the Gulf Oil Disaster of 2010.
- Provided quality assurance, test validation, and training support activities for numerous clients.
The NLSC is a federal program within the Department of Defense, falling under the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness and the Defense Language National Security Education Office. The NLSC serves all federal agencies through partnership agreements.
U.S. citizens over the age of 18 who are proficient in foreign languages joined NLSC as volunteers. When activated in support of government agencies, NLSC members are temporary federal employees.