Become a Government PartnerThe NLSC provides cost-effective, timely, and high-quality language support services to federal agencies through formal partnership agreements.
About NLSC ServicesThe NLSC supports a range of missions in the United States and abroad. NLSC services include: face-to-face interpretation, translation (text, video, audio), language instruction, composition, cultural advising, and curriculum and testing development.
Past NLSC Missions
- Interpretation for Commanding General U.S. Africa Command, and visiting regional leaders.
- Simultaneous and consecutive interpretation at U.S. Central Command exercise planning conferences and training exercises in Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, and Qatar.
- Interpretation and translation support for Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency searches for missing service personnel in southeast Asia.
- Ongoing interpretation for the Secretary of the Navy in town halls and community outreach forums during the Gulf Oil Disaster of 2010.
- Quality assurance, test validation, and language training support for high-profile partners across numerous government agencies.
The NLSC is a federal program within the Department of Defense, falling under the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Personnel and Readiness and the Defense Language National Security Education Office (DLNSEO). The NLSC serves federal agencies through formal partnership agreements.
Members join the NLSC as volunteers, and are U.S. citizens over the age of 18 fluent in English and at least one other language. When supporting government agencies on an assignment, NLSC Members are activated as temporary federal employees.